They, and by they I mean good friends who specialize in spreading the word, assure me you won’t mind receiving the news more than once. My fourth book went on sale today and they urge me to shout it from the rooftops. I’m pretty excited so here’s my shout out.
I have a special request. A little over a year ago you helped me choose the title of my new book – The Power of Disability: 10 Lessons for Surviving, Thriving and Changing the World. Thank you.
The book is now on sale and I’m pretty excited to get your impression. Here’s a link to all the places where you can buy the print, electronic and audio editions. My website has much more information including book excerpts, Table of Contents and early reviews.
And now for the request.
Will you join my informal Power of Disability Network? I need help to spread the word? The publishing world is very competitive nowadays. More books are being published than ever before. And there are fewer readers. I can’t rely solely on the publisher for promotion.
I wrote the book to correct what history has overlooked and to shine a light on people with disabilities as authorities on creativity, resilience, justice, love, sexuality, dealing with adversity and living a good life. I want to encourage action that removes the barriers that limit everyone’s inclusion, participation and contribution.
You can be involved in the Power of Disability Network as little or as much as you’d like. For example you can:
- Write a short review for Amazon, Indigo, Good Reads, your local newspaper, newsletters, blogs
- Post on social media using the hashtag #PowerOfDisability
- Encourage businesses, foundations, governments and other organizations to use this book as a primer on diversity and inclusion for their employees, customers, members. (Discounts available for bulk purchases.)
- Spread the word among advocacy groups, family networks, teachers, doctors, therapists and service providers.
- Recommend The Power of Disability to your book club, local bookstore or public and school libraries
- Introduce me to journalists and podcasters.
- Host a Power of Disability celebration. Use the book to shine a light on the power of people with disabilities in your community.
To pique your interest I’ve posted the full Introduction (PDF) on my website just for you. If the book meets your expectations please tell others. If you have other ideas or want to followup contact me at email@example.com.
I’ll leave you with this quote from Michael J. Fox:
This book reminds us of what we have in common: the power to create a good life for ourselves and for others, no matter what the world has in store for us.
I’m immensely proud of his support and would be honoured to have yours as well.
PS: I will be launching a weekly “Disability Digest” very soon. It will profile the abundance of artistic, scientific, political, and other achievements by people with disabilities. Please send me your suggestions. And encourage others to sign up. It’s a two step process. After signing they’ll receive an email asking them to confirm their email address. If you already subscribe to my blog you are already signed up!
Leave a Reply